A vital component of running an online business is a place to “keep” your customers and leads. The simplest way to do this, and the most efficient for later contact, is through an email management system of some kind.
This is a system, also called a CRM (short for Customer Relationship Management), that is typically an online database with all of your “lists” of contacts and customers, a system in place to send out newsletters, email broadcasts, and autoresponders, and often many other bells and whistles.
These range from the basic free version of Mailchimp all the way to high-end solutions such as Infusionsoft. For most business and life coaches in the early years of their business, they need something that hits hard but is simple and relatively affordable.
Depending upon the level of your business sales and marketing efforts, here are the systems I recommend:
- Seva, formerly ConvertKit, is an excellent and relatively new member among the CRM players. I have some clients who use it and I am a huge fan. It is affordable, with pricing based on the size of your list. It is simple to use and is constantly being improved. You can even build a stand-alone landing page with it.
- Get Response is pretty much equal in my mind with Seva, and it is the system I currently use for my own business. It has the extra bonus of being able to host a webinar on the platform, as well as landing pages. The pricing is based on list size, as well.
- MailChimp is great if you are just starting out and don’t see the need for an integrated system of leads just yet. If you just want to start capturing leads in one simple format and send them emails occasionally, there is no reason not to go with MailChimp. It is free up to 1000 subscribers and then pricing is based on list size and usage. MailChimp also has some of the most attractive email templates available.
- Infusionsoft may become something you need when you have grown your list to several thousand, are hitting your marketing hard on a regular basis, are generating multiple levels of sales consistently, and can support the high monthly cost of both the system and the time it takes to maintain. This system also can handle the financial aspects of sales, which can cut down on some of your back and forth between systems.
- ClickFunnels is a fantastic all-in-one system of opt-in pages, sales funnels, sales pages, autoresponders, CRM, and also handles the financial aspects of your sales. It is pricey and complicated, so it is also for a coach who is ready to really hit their marketing, list building, and sales strategy hard and has a support team in place.
Which customer relationship tool are you currently using to maintain your leads, customers, and send out emails? I would love to hear your experience with any of these or other systems. Please leave a comment below!